10 Marketing Trends for 2021
2020 has brought about a great deal of change for the world of marketing. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our lives have become even more digital; services are going virtual and many employees are working remotely more than ever. These trends aren’t going anywhere, and the last several months have shaped what clients and consumers are looking for in this new normal. Read on to learn about the marketing trends you can expect to see in 2021.
- Changes in social media use – Not surprisingly, social media use keeps growing, and it will become an even more integral part of a successful digital marketing strategy in the coming year. Specifically, using social media to engage with and retain clients will be crucial during the first few months of 2021 as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Because people are spending exponentially more time online, brands should increase their social media budgets to focus on reaching new audiences and interact with past customers.
- New platforms for engagement – In addition to spending more time scrolling on their phones, people have begun using new and different social media platforms in 2020. Tik Tok has become one of the most popular apps over the last several months. The social video app has expanded its opportunities for brands to advertise. This gives advertisers the opportunity to increase brand awareness to a new group of potential customers.
- Use of voice search – Although voice search is not part of Google’s algorithm for now, it often yields different results than a traditional Google search. 2021 will be key for coordinating SEO and voice search.
- New and different visuals – It’s easy to tell when a website is outdated, so keeping up with visual trends remains important in 2021. Muted color palettes, minimalist-style pages, simple fonts and eye-catching illustrations are forecasted to be popular in the next year.
- SEO remains crucial – Making sure that important data is kept current on the web is one of the most important things brands can do in the coming year – especially small businesses. Google can provide helpful information about the services you offer, business hours, and location. Keeping your listings updated allows potential customers to find you based on your address and lets them know changes in your promotions, blogs, or any other news you want to share at a glance.
- Easy accessibility – The biggest reason customers are switching brand allegiance today is due to the availability of the goods or services they are shopping for. Keeping a large inventory and increasing the number of time-slots you can offer a service can help meet the demands of customers.
- Quick communication – If, for whatever reason, you cannot keep up with consumer demand, it’s important to communicate that clearly to your audience. Set reasonable expectations to prevent angry customers and bad reviews. Increased communication also looks to be crucial during the first few months of 2021 as the COVID-19 pandemic rages on and resources are limited for many businesses.
- Increased interactive content – The use of interactive content has exploded in 2020, and trend forecasting shows that people will continue to heavily engage with it in 2021. Incorporating interactive aspects into your social media channels or website is a great way to grab your customers’ attention. Something as simple as a social media poll or as complicated can make a difference in audience engagement rates.
- Customer retention is key – You may already know that retaining an existing customer costs a fraction of finding new ones. Focusing on retention will be more important than ever in 2021. Satisfied customers come back and spread the word about your business through recommendations and referrals.
- Keeping employees motivated – With more employees working remotely, many are facing burnout. Keeping your associates energized, especially during the first half of 2021, is key in maintaining your brand’s success. Connected employees are more productive, work better with others, and provide customer satisfaction. Prioritizing the needs of your employees directly impacts the success of your business as a whole.
As strange and unpredictable 2020 has been, it gave us many insights into the marketing trends that are sure to be apparent in the new year. Incorporating these into your 2021 marketing plan is a great way to ensure success in the next several months. Contact us today so we can up your digital game!